- "Bryan Wiedmeier earns contract extension while dealing with challenges of brain cancer" (ABJ) - "Bryan Wiedmeier continues to inspire and impress the Browns. The organization signed the executive vice president to a contract extension Wednesday. This fall, he will enter his fifth season with the Browns and his 34th season working in the NFL."
- "Joe Montana invokes Bill Walsh when talking about Johnny Manziel" (CBS) - "With NFL training camps now some four weeks away, expect the 'This is what Johnny Manziel needs to do' unsolicited advice to really ramp up. We've heard from Brady Quinn and Emmitt Smith in recent weeks, and now Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana has weighed in on the Browns' rookie quarterback."
- "Cleveland Browns by the numbers" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Breaking down the numbers that matter: 24.7 – The average age of the Browns’ players. 6 – The number of the players the Browns have over the age of 30. 232.6 – The average weight of the Browns’ players."
- "Inside the player experience at the 2014 NFL Rookie Symposium" (NFL.com) - VIDEO
- "Jadeveon Clowney says he played with sports hernia last year" (PFT) - "When it was announced that Texans linebacker and first overall pick of the 2014 draft Jadeveon Clowney would be having sports hernia surgery, coach Bill O’Brien said that the surgery was the result of a groin injury that happened recently."
- "13 1st-year officials set for 2014 NFL season" (AP) - "The NFL hired 13 new officials for the 2014 season and promoted three veterans to referee."
- "The Arthroscope: The Little Tool That Saves Careers" (MMQB) - "Billy Sims ran through defenders. He launched himself over them. Once, he karate-kicked one squarely in the face (it was legal at the time)."
- "VERGING ON INVINCIBLITY" (Sports on Earth) - "If you were Adrian Peterson, you might feel invincible. After all, you regularly make some of the fiercest athletes in North America crumble to the their knees, and send others flying on their backs."