- "Time for Roger Goodell and NFL to get real about players' marijuana use" (CBS) - "Enough with the NFL's Reefer Madness already. It needs to stop. I fully realize that nothing of significance changes in this league without a fight between the league and its union..."
- "Hall of Fame WR Cris Carter on Josh Gordon's substance use" (Plain Dealer) - "Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter, who overcame drug addiction early in his career, stressed that Browns receiver Josh Gordon won't change until he finds his own rock bottom and asks for help."
- "Donte Whitner donates $50,000 to the Ginn Academy" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Donte Whitner proudly sat up on stage Sunday at the Ginn Academy graduation. When his name was announced to deliver the commencement address, Whitner preached."
- "Ben Tate stirs up Twitter with Indians ticket offer" (FSO) - "With both the NHL and NBA playoffs on hold as they gear up for final series, Monday night was as slow a sports night as there has been in quite a while, particularly in Ohio with the Reds having the night off."
- "Dan Marino files concussion lawsuit" (AP) - "Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino is among the latest group of football players to file a concussion-related lawsuit against the National Football League."
- "Broncos’ coach thinks Peyton Manning can play three to five more years" (SI.com) - "We’ve already heard that both Tom Brady and Drew Brees are open to playing into their 40s and the same may ring true for Peyton Manning."
- "Zimmer nearly pulled name from Vikings search" (PFT) - "Vikings coach Mike Zimmer almost wasn’t Vikings coach Mike Zimmer. Not because the Vikings didn’t want him; Zimmer recently said he nearly decided he didn’t want the Vikings."
- "Ten best free agents available" (NFL.com) - "June 1 used to be a big date in the NFL. For salary cap reasons, teams would often hold on to costly veterans until June 1 before cutting them and spreading out a cap hit over two years."