- "Pettine: Browns will use RB by committee approach" (NFL.com) - "Ben Tate might not find anybody who scares him in the Browns' running back room, but he'll have company handling the workload on Sundays."
- "Oh for the days it's just Johnny and football" (ESPN) - "It might be time to book a spot on the Johnny Manziel Advice Bandwagon. Seats are filling up quickly. Heck, in the back, folks are leaning out the windows."
- "Manziel: 'I don't think I'm doing anything wrong'" (AP) - "Johnny's gonna play and Johnny's gonna party. Tired of scrutiny about how he spends his weekends away from football and drained by the spotlight that follows him, Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel said he has no plans to tone down his lifestyle."
- "Cleveland Browns Film Room: A look at Christian Kirksey" (WFNY) - "Having watched film of all six members of the Cleveland Browns’ 2014 NFL Draft class, a clear theme is apparent. Each draftee possesses a very particular set of skills that perfectly fit into what Mike Pettine desires to do with his defense or how Kyle Shannahan plans to run his offense."
- "Wes Welker: Unaware of playbook" (ESPN) - "Former New England wide receiver Wes Welker added context to a story that exploded last week about the Patriots possibly being in possession of the New York Jets' playbook, saying that playful banter between friends might have sparked the media firestorm."
- "Dallas Police Department retracts claim that Aqib Talib was arrested" (PFT) - "On Sunday morning, the Dallas Police Department made a big splash on Twitter with the '#BREAKING' news that Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib had been arrested for public intoxication after throwing bottles at a Dallas club."
- "The case against Darren Sharper" (SI.com) - "How much evidence do you need to believe the worst about a man? Is one serious accusation enough? How about two? Three? Four?"
- "These 10 NFL coordinators to become prime head coaching candidates" (CBS) - "More NFL coaches are on vacation, but coordinators around the league realize there is no time for rest. And the 10 best of this bunch are poised to be the top candidates for head coaching posts at the end of the 2014 season."