- "Mike Pettine offers no specific reason for releasing Quentin Groves" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Mike Pettine said a combination of factors led the team to release outside linebacker Quentin Groves. The club cut the seventh-year veteran Friday, a move that caught some by surprise."
- "Aaron Berry aiming to capitalize on another comeback attempt" (ABJ) - "Cornerback Aaron Berry has a checkered past and is coming off a significant injury, but new Browns coach Mike Pettine hasn’t given up on him yet."
- "Wilbert Montgomery brings strong credentials to Cleveland Browns’ coaching staff" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Wilbert Montgomery takes a seat in the Cleveland Browns’ running backs room. He leans back in his chair, with his arms crossed and stares at the mural on the wall."
- "Cleveland's quarterback savior? Don't bet against Brian Hoyer" (CBS) - "Eventually, Brian Hoyer is going to allow himself to take a little time off. It won't be this week, of course, with the Browns starting quarterback involved in OTAs, and next week is the mandatory minicamp."
- "Negotiations still stalled between 49ers, Harbaugh" (PFT) - "With the 49ers getting quarterback Colin Kaepernick under contract, the question becomes whether a new deal will be struck with the man who has mentored Kaepernick through his three NFL seasons."
- "A new model for megacontracts?" (ESPN) - "Colin Kaepernick's six-year extension with the San Francisco 49ers could be as much of a game-changer as his style of play."
- "Pete Carroll: I wouldn’t have left USC if I knew sanctions were coming" (SI.com) - "Former USC football head coach Pete Carroll, who abruptly left the school before the NCAA handed down sanctions against its football and basketball programs..."
- "Greg Cosell: Ryan Fitzpatrick set for his 'best year'" (NFL.com) - "On a Texans team bursting at the seams with backup quarterback types, Ryan Fitzpatrick holds the early lead to suit up as Houston's Week 1 starter."