- "Mike Pettine: Browns will name starting QB by Aug. 23" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns don't yet know who their starting quarterback will be in Week 1. What they do know is the timetable for when they'd like to make that decision."
- "Mike Pettine: Browns have no plans to cut WR Josh Gordon" (CBS) - "If new Browns coach Mike Pettine's new job wasn't tough enough -- you know, trying to turn a franchise that has struggled mightily since it was reanimated in 1999 -- he's had to hear plenty about the offseason exploits of first-round pick Johnny Manziel and star receiver Josh Gordon."
- "Browns claim OL off waivers from San Diego" (FSO) - "The Cleveland Browns on Tuesday claimed OL Nick McDonald off waivers from San Diego. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement. McDonald is a 6-4, 306-pound veteran entering his third NFL season out of Grand Valley State."
- "16 observations on the Cleveland Browns 2014 schedule" (RR88) - "The Cleveland Browns open training camp this week which means we are only 49 days away from the start of the 2014 NFL season. The Browns will head into the season with a new coach, a new philosophy and (possibly) a new quarterback."
- "Tony Dungy's assessment of Rams rookie Michael Sam shows stunning lack of courage" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The good news for Tony Dungy is that once upon a time enough people in power, be it in football … education … government …"
- "Report: Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles plans to hold out" (SI.com) - "All-Pro Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will not show up when training camp opens Thursday, reports KCTV-5."
- "Texans, Andre Johnson’s agent are communicating" (PFT) - "On Monday, Texans receiver Andre Johnson reportedly was back in the building. On Tuesday, agent Kennard McGuire declined to address those reports."
- "Giants hiring of former WR David Tyree already causing controversy" (CBS) - "David Tyree made one of the most important receptions in Super Bowl history when he trapped an Eli Manning pass against his head that allowed the Giants to continue..."