- "Josh Gordon hires attorney Suh" (ESPN) - "Browns wide receiever Josh Gordon, facing a one-year suspension, has hired attorney Maurice Suh, who helped Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman win his appeal of a contested positive test, a league source said."
- "Joe Thomas on Brian Hoyer: 'He's a lot like Tom Brady'" (Plain Dealer) - "When a Paul Bunyan of a man who stands 6-foot-6 and has seven Pro Bowls to his credit speaks, people listen. Browns left tackle Joe Thomas' words come down from on high to all the reporters craning up at him, and they almost always pack a wallop."
- "Johnny runs the zone read" (OBR) - "There were some glimpses of what might be to come as Browns offense ran some zone read during the scrimmage portion of practice with Johnny Manziel in the backfield at quarterback."
- "Alex Mack Says Team Loves Extra Attention; 'It’s An Entertainment Business'" (92.3) - "Alex Mack joined Baskin & Phelps with Les Levine and Ken Carman LIVE from Training Camp to discuss the Browns practicing under a new coaching staff, how he perceives the QB battle from the center position..."
- "Jim Harbaugh denies desire to be paid like Super Bowl-winning coach" (PFT) - "It’s a given in league circles that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has yet to sign a new contract because he wants more money than the 49ers are willing to pay."
- "Bruce Allen: Playing RG3 in Week 1 last year 'a little disrespectful'" (CBS) - "You probably remember the huge debate last training camp about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III potentially practicing..."
- "Texans look to vet Fitzpatrick to solve QB woes" (AP) - "The Houston Texans' biggest problem in their 2-14 season was inconsistent play at quarterback. Enter, Ryan Fitzpatrick. The veteran faces the big task of turning around an offense that did little right last year."
- "Why Marvin Harrison belongs in the Hall of Fame" (NFL.com) - "Marvin Harrison is a first-ballot Hall of Famer that will be forced to wait an extra year for induction for some unknowable reason."