- "Pettine plans to name Browns starter later in week" (AP) - "Brian Hoyer knows Johnny Manziel is gunning for his job, but the Browns' incumbent starting quarterback wants to make one thing clear. It's his job to lose."
- "The Cleveland Browns' Strategy: Write This Down" (Wall Street Journal) - "There is a technological revolution in the NFL this year. The Cleveland Browns knew this when they, like everyone else in the league, received tablet computers."
- "Bernie Kosar Unmasked" (Sports on Earth) - "In a cup on an end table in Bernie Kosar's family room are three teeth, knocked from his mouth by Mark Gastineau, and two screws from an ankle surgery gone bad. He shows off the cup as if it is a picture of his kids."
- "Preseason Week One Notes: Manziel Closes the Gap but Browns Drop the Ball" (DraftBrowns.com) - "In the most anticipated preseason game since they returned to the NFL with the 1999 Hall of Fame Game, the Cleveland Browns fell to the Detroit Lions in a very Browns-like fashion."
- "Marshawn Lynch investigated for alleged assault" (SI.com) - "Police in Bellevue, Wash., are investigating a possible assault involving Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch."
- "Scandrick suspended for PEDs" (ESPN) - "The NFL has suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick for the first four games of the season, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Monday."
- "Bengals WR Marvin Jones breaks foot, will be out several weeks" (CBS) - "Marvin Jones, who established himself last season as a solid No. 2 receiver for the Bengals, broke his foot at Saturday's practice and will miss the next several weeks..."
- "Alex Boone on Tampa Bay Buccaneers' trade radar" (NFL.com) - "The Buccaneers are looking outside the organization to bolster a beleaguered offensive line that thwarted Josh McCown's preseason debut in Tampa."