- "NFL needs to issue a ruling in the Josh Gordon case" (PFT) - "It now seems that the NFL is simply messing with receiver Josh Gordon and the Browns. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that a decision on Gordon’s appeal won’t come until late next week. The hearing ended 10 days ago, on August 4."
- "Johnny Manziel: Just a Glimpse" (Pro Football Focus) - "Johnny Manziel played 27 snaps in his first preseason action for the Cleveland Browns and earned a +0.4 PFF grade overall, but what exactly does that mean?"
- "Johnny Manziel late to team meeting" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel has made a strong impression with his work ethic since training camp began but he suffered his first slip Monday when he was a few minutes late for a team meeting, according to team sources."
- "Healthy Benjamin could help Browns" (FSO) - "Pass after pass in Wednesday's Cleveland Browns training camp practice went in the direction of Travis Benjamin. Not all of them were caught. Not all of them were on target."
- "Brian Hoyer to start for Cleveland Browns vs. Redskins" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns will start with Brian Hoyer under center when they take on the Washington Redskins on Monday night, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported Thursday."
- "The Bengals Don’t Have A Better Option Than Andy Dalton" (FiveThirtyEight) - "For a middling NFL quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals starter Andy Dalton has already accomplished quite a bit in his football career."
- "Documents raise Toronto red flags for Bon Jovi Bills ownership group" (CBS) - "The Buffalo Bills are in the process of being sold, with numerous ownership groups hunting the biggest game on the plains."
- "Report: NFL threatened to fine Arian Foster over media obligations" (SI.com) - "The NFL sent Houston Texans running back Arian Foster a letter threatening a fine if he did not fulfill media obligations, reports John McClain of the Houston Chronicle."