- "Johnny Manziel: 'I don't think I'm ready for Pittsburgh right now'" (CBS) - "Johnny Manziel is competing against Brian Hoyer to be the Browns' Week 1 starter. While many people think Manziel could -- should? -- win the competition, at least one person doesn't think he's ready right now."
- "Interest in QBs obscures Browns problem" (ESPN) - "The endless debate and discussion about the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks -- wait ... Johnny clipped his nails today!' -- obscures one troubling reality about the offense no matter who plays quarterback."
- "Robert Griffin III will give defense a test" (Morning Journal) - "Almost daily in practice, the Browns defense looks like the Monsters of the Midway, the Purple People Eaters, Gang Green and just about every other colorful nickname great teams have earned throughout the years."
- "Colt McCoy on time with Cleveland Browns: 'I'm disappointed it didn't work out,' but accepts 'responsibility' for not winning" (Plain Dealer) - "The last player off the practice field Friday, Colt McCoy walked up a slight grade toward the Washington Redskins locker room before stopping to examine the road traveled."
- "Drew Brees back at practice after left oblique injury" (SI.com) - "Drew Brees was back in action for the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, participating fully in practice for the first time since he suffered a minor oblique injury, The Times-Picayune's Katherine Terrell reported."
- "Eric Fisher struggling: 10 things you need to know" (NFL.com) - "It's too early to push the panic button with Eric Fisher in Kansas City. But it's fair for the Chiefs to be concerned about the No. 1 overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft."
- "Graham dumps the goalpost dunk" (PFT) - "If Saints tight end Jimmy Graham still intends to lead the league in penalties, he’ll need to find something other than the goalpost dunk."
- "Manning dominant for Denver in win over 49ers" (AP) - "Even Peyton Manning realizes he's ready for the regular season. Or at least darn close."