- "Now what does Mike Pettine do?" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The veteran quarterback is pressing and the hotshot rookie challenger lost his poise and flipped the bird to the opposing bench. So if you think the Browns are ready to name a starting quarterback, think again."
- "Browns postgame notebook: Turnover time" (FSO) - "While all the talk was about the quarterback battle, it was the Browns defense that created most of the excitement. The defense created three turnovers in the first half and finished with four in the game."
- "City Of Cleveland Closes Pedestrian Bridge, Announces Browns Game Day Safety Plan" (92.3) - "A new audio system, scoreboards and seating sections won’t be the only new thing for Browns fans this season. Some fans will have to take new routes to walk to the stadium."
- "Browns vs. Redskins preseason highlights" (NFL.com) - VIDEO
- "Darnell Dockett (ACL) out for season" (ESPN) - "The Arizona Cardinals have confirmed the seriousness of the knee injury defensive tackle Darnell Dockett suffered during Monday's practice. The team said on Twitter that he tore his right ACL and needs season-ending surgery."
- "Reid: Jamaal Charles injured his foot moving out of camp dorm" (CBS) - "Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles was an unexpected scratch from the team's preseason game against Carolina on Sunday after suffering what coach Andy Reid called a 'freak' foot injury."
- "Report: NFL “expected” to expand practice squads to 10 players" (PFT) - "The NFL is reportedly set to make practice squads bigger. The NFL is expected to approve a plan to allow clubs to have as many as 10 players on practice squads..."
- "Roundup: No timetable for Sammy Watkins' return" (NFL.com) - "Tennessee's running back battle didn't skip a beat on Monday. Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters that Shonn Greene is fine after suffering a hyperextended knee in Friday night's preseason loss to the New Orleans Saints."