- "Pettine admits Johnny Manziel's obscene gesture will factor into QB decision" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Mike Pettine admitted Tuesday that Johnny Manziel losing his cool in Washington and flipping off the Redskins will factor into his decision on a starting quarterback."
- "Browns should have made Manziel the starter from Day One" (PFT) - "In an effort to not create a monster, the Browns may have made a mess. Two years ago, Washington immediately installed quarterback Robert Griffin III as the team’s starter."
- "Browns once again find themselves in a QB quandary" (Red Right 88) - "It is only preseason. It is only preseason. It is only preseason. We have to keep reminding ourselves of that after watching the Cleveland Browns on Monday night against Washington."
- "ReFo: Browns at Redskins, Preseason Week 2" (ProFootballFocus) - "If you stayed for the entirety of the Cleveland Browns trip to the Washington Redskins, you saw that oddest of things. A game where the quality and watchability seemed to get better as the backups got in."
- "Cleveland Browns: Upon Further Review" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "When head coach Mike Pettine was asked if he thought Brian Hoyer was pressing to play because of the competition, the coach responded, 'It’s hard to tell.' What isn’t hard to tell is that something is up with Hoyer."
- "Clark: 'This isn't college any more' caused Manziel middle finger" (CBS) - "On Monday night, Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel managed to create the single easiest day of sports radio ever thanks to getting caught by ESPN cameras flicking off the Redskins sideline."
- "Joe Flacco: Johnny Manziel's middle finger not a big deal" (SI.com) - "Johnny Manziel's extended middle finger during the Browns' Monday Night Football game against the Redskins has drawn reactions from players around the NFL."
- "Chris Kluwe, Vikings avoid lawsuit" (ESPN) - "Calling his settlement with the Minnesota Vikings an opportunity 'to do a lot of good for a lot of people,' Chris Kluwe announced his fight with the team is over."