- "Through all the offensive woes, the Browns defense stands strong" (WFNY) - "Johnny Manziel versus Brian Hoyer. This battle has been the talk of Cleveland and the focus of national media—'Johnny Manziel and the Browns!'"
- "Johnny Manziel accepts backup role" (ESPN) - "Johnny Manziel has the ability to run away from defenders, but not the truth. And the truth is, he's not ready to be the Cleveland Browns' starting quarterback."
- "Cameron anxious to return" (OBR) - "Tight end Jordan Cameron is anxious to get back on the field and start making plays. He has been back on the practice field the past two days with a non-contact jersey on."
- "Brian Hoyer: Work Has Just Begun After Winning Starting Job" (92.3) - "Brian Hoyer has waited over a year, if not his whole life, for this opportunity. It’s why he signed with the Browns in May of 2013 – for a chance to start for his favorite childhood team in the town he grew up in."
- "Two Steelers face pot charges" (ESPN) - "The Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount pairing had been an ideal one -- until Wednesday afternoon."
- "Vontaze Burfict, Bengals reach long-term extension" (NFL.com) - "The Cincinnati Bengals continue to lock up their best players ahead of the 2014 season."
- "Andre Johnson doesn’t like the increase in penalties" (PFT) - "The renewed emphasis on illegal contact and defensive holding penalties benefits NFL offenses."
- "Mike Carey avoided officiating Redskins games over team name" (CBS) - "This offseason, long-time NFL referee Mike Carey retired from on-field work and joined the CBS Sports team as our in-house officiating expert."