- "Brian Hoyer: The mistakes are correctable" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Quarterback Brian Hoyer is the leader of the Cleveland Browns’ offense. What he says about the team matters. Confidence has been a prevalent word in Berea during the preseason."
- "Tight end Jordan Cameron excused from practice to deal with ‘an issue’" (C-T) - "Browns tight end Jordan Cameron did not attend practice Monday, but wide receiver Nate Burleson returned from a hamstring injury to take part in individual drills. Pro Bowl honoree Cameron — one of the team’s most important offensive players..."
- "Josh Gordon's DWI hearing postponed until November" (Sporting News) - "The attorney for Josh Gordon says the Cleveland Browns receiver's hearing on a drunken-driving charge in North Carolina has been rescheduled for November. Gordon was due to appear in Wake County court Tuesday on charges of driving while impaired and speeding."
- "There's a gleam amid the gloom of a bad Browns preseason" (ESPN Cleveland) - "As the choking fog from the Browns’ 33-14 loss to the Rams in Preseason Game 3 begins to fade, a bit of clarity has emerged from the cloud of desperation that grips an increasingly-uneasy fan base."
- "CBA makes coaches, teams jointly responsible for offseason violations" (PFT) - "Some of you have asked why the NFL fined both the Seahawks and coach Pete Carroll for violating the rules prohibiting contact during offseason workouts."
- "Buccaneers bolster O-line in trading for Patriots' Logan Mankins" (SI.com) - "After spending some time vetting controversial and recently NFL-reinstated guard Richie Incognito, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers shocked the NFL by rolling the dice on a different guard who played in the AFC East last season."
- "Dimitri Patterson banned until Mon." (ESPN) - "New York Jets cornerback Dimitri Patterson, who didn't show for a game and went AWOL last weekend for 48 hours, was suspended for the remainder of the preseason and received additional discipline from the team..."
- "Brady Quinn announces that Dolphins have released him" (CBS) - "Brady Quinn, the Browns' 2007 first-round pick who has bounced around the league since 2010, announced on Twitter Tuesday that he has been released by the Dolphins two weeks after signing with the team."