- "Observation Deck: Cleveland Browns" (ESPN) - "The fourth preseason game meant quite a bit to the Cleveland Browns Thursday night. The Browns and their offense needed something good to happen, and they got it -- from both Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel."
- "Five Cleveland Browns who helped themselves against the Chicago Bears" (Plain Dealer) - "Quarterback Brian Hoyer started with a flourish and Isaiah Crowell ended with the longest Browns' play from scrimmage of the preseason."
- "Everybody loses in the suspension of Browns receiver Josh Gordon" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Only in Cleveland: Josh Gordon possessed more athletic talent than any player I have seen in 30 years of reporting on the Browns."
- "Work it out: Johnny Football shows off new persona in Snickers spot" (FSO) - "Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has racked up an array of nicknames this summer -- just about everything he does earns him some sort of moniker placed after his first name."
- "Goodell admits fault, then ramps up NFL's domestic violence policy" (SI.com) - "'I didn't get it right.' Those are commissioner Roger Goodell's own words from a letter sent to NFL owners Thursday..."
- "Derek Carr leads Raiders to four touchdown drives against Seahawks" (PFT) - "Derek Carr is making the most of his final preseason opportunity against the Seattle Seahawks."
- "Injury roundup: Sammy Watkins (ribs) leaves game" (NFL.com) - "Buffalo's decision to play its starters in Thursday night's meaningless preseason finale against the Lions has cost the Bills."
- "Peyton Manning fined $8,268 for taunting D.J. Swearinger" (CBS) - "On Saturday, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was flagged for taunting Texans safety D.J. Swearinger after Swearinger legally laid out Wes Welker and concussed the wide receiver in the process."