The big news of the day was that the Cleveland Browns waived OG Jason Pinkston due to his most recent encounter with blood clots. The team made several other transactions, though, which we have outlined below:
Browns Players No Longer on the Roster
- WR Chandler Jones - The Browns reached an injury settlement in the process of waiving Jones, an undrafted free agent. Jones was actually supposed to be the "big name" out of the undrafted free agents, with 4.34 speed, but WR Willie Snead and WR Taylor Gabriel were able to step up while he was sidelined.
- TE James Oboh - This was the most unusual departure of the day, because he wasn't injured and was competing for a tight end spot on the back end of the roster. It could be a sign that Cleveland is content with their receiving tight ends and are looking for more competitive blockers. The undrafted free agent is now on the waiver wire.
- OG Jason Pinkston - From a role perspective, I thought that Pinkston was going to be a backup this year. Nonetheless, the story of his career likely coming to an end if a tough one to swallow. The Browns reached an injury settlement in the process of waiving Pinkston.
- OLB Edgar Jones - The Browns terminated the contract of the veteran outside linebacker, whom they had just signed a little over a week ago. Jones has mostly been a special teams contributor in his career.
Browns Players Added to the Roster
- DB Royce Adams - As if the Browns didn't have enough defensive backs. Seriously, though, it's nice to see Adams get another shot with Cleveland. He was waived just before the start of training camp, right after this article had been published highlighting how dedicated he was.
That puts the Browns' roster at 87 players with Monday's transactions. The Browns also activated NT Phil Taylor from the non-football injury list.