- "What To Expect If Josh Gordon Loses His Appeal" (Field & Court) - "I’ve already explained why Josh Gordon should win his appeal. But what if he doesn’t? After all, he does play for the Cleveland Browns. (Sorry, Dad. That one was just too easy.)"
- "Possibility of litigation for Josh Gordon hasn’t been discussed yet" (PFT) - "So what happens if/when hearing officer and NFL executive V.P. of labor relations Harold Henderson decides to apply the substance-abuse policy as written and suspend Browns receiver Josh Gordon? Good question."
- "Nothing to see here … or is there?'" (Red Right 88) - "Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine sure knows how to start off a week of practice. On Monday, rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel took over the first-team offense for the first time in training camp and the nation was all abuzz."
- "Cleveland Browns focusing hard on one big NFL rule change" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "During the Cleveland Browns’ training camp practice on Monday, defensive backs were wearing kick boxing gloves. Seriously."
- "Dick LeBeau expects Johnny Manziel to start in Week 1" (NFL.com) - "Johnny Manziel finally mixed in with the first-team offense on Monday. That's exactly where the Cleveland Browns' Week 1 opponent expects the rookie to stay."
- "Dalton gets $17 million now, $22 million through early March" (PFT) - "No, Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton’s contract isn’t worth $115 million over six years, as others have reported. The base value, per a source with knowledge of the details, is $96 million over six years."
- "Giants RB David Wilson out for 2014, advised to never play football again" (CBS) - "David Wilson won't play for the New York Giants in 2014 and may never play another down in the NFL."
- "T.J. Ward gets community service" (AP) - "Prosecutors have agreed to drop charges against Broncos safety T.J. Ward in exchange for four hours of community service."