- "Cleveland Is Ready for the Manziel Era, but His Browns Teammates Aren't so Sure" (B/R) - "There is a man, a grown man, wearing a jersey bearing the name of a 21-year-old kid. Johnny Manziel. And it is no ordinary Manziel jersey. The man has attached about a half-dozen large, green dollar signs to it."
- "Browns coach: It's 'possible' Manziel starts vs. Redskins on Aug. 18" (CBS) - "So here's what we know: Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer will start Saturday's preseason game against the Lions. But beyond that, who knows."
- "Jeff Phelps To Call Browns Preseason Games; Team Announces Radio Network Programming" (92.3) - "The Cleveland Browns, Good Karma Brands’ ESPN 850 WKNR, CBS RADIO’s 92.3 The Fan and 98.5 WNCX announced on Wednesday their 2014 season programming..."
- "Ten Thoughts on the Browns First Preseason Depth Chart" (DraftBrowns.com) - "The Cleveland Browns are once again under new leadership, and the team is full of new faces on the field and on the sidelines. When a team like this releases a depth chart a week and a half into training camp..."
- "Santonio Holmes draws interest from Bears, Browns" (NFL.com) - "Santonio Holmes is back on the NFL radar. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the free-agent wide receiver -- out of work since being released by the New York Jets in March -- worked out for the Chicago Bears on Tuesday."
- "Cam Newton attempts to clarify comments on Rob Chudzinski" (PFT) - "Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was seemingly critical of the way he was handled by former offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski during his early days with the Panthers."
- "Peyton Hillis suffers practice injury" (ESPN) - "The New York Giants are down another running back. A day after David Wilson's season and NFL career ended, Peyton Hillis came up lame during practice Tuesday evening and left the field early."
- "Tuesday night's 'Hard Knocks' will be available on HBO GO after all" (CBS) - "If you're like me -- not recommended, generally speaking -- you missed Tuesday night's debut of Hard Knocks (starring the Atlanta Falcons)."