- "Tashaun Gipson excited to play Saturday after avoiding serious knee injury" (C-T) - "Free safety Tashaun Gipson roamed the deep part of the field and closed in on the line of scrimmage Wednesday during team drills. It was a welcome sight after he left practice Friday with a left knee injury."
- "Why lean times for guard John Greco might give him a leg up" (Plain Dealer) - "A switch in blocking schemes has produced a change in body types for John Greco. A casual glance at the Browns guard without his athletic armor reveals a leaner look this season."
- "Returns on Gordon positive as wait continues" (FSO) - "While the waiting game continues for the Cleveland Browns and Josh Gordon, the team plans to use Gordon in Saturday night's preseason game in Detroit. Maybe that's a sign of hope. Maybe it's to keep him sharp. Maybe it's by necessity."
- "LeBron James' first appearance in NE Ohio since 'the Comeback'" (ESPN Cleveland) - "King for a day: LeBron James made an otherwise mundane, end-of-dog days training camp practice one to remember. James made a secret visit to Browns camp as his first public appearance in Northeast Ohio since 'the Comeback' to the Cavaliers."
- "Ravens' Bernard Pierce outplaying Ray Rice?" (NFL.com) - "Coach John Harbaugh recently noted that Ray Rice is showing "good burst" and acceleration in Baltimore Ravens camp after a disastrous 2013 season."
- "University of Minnesota aims to block 'Redskins' name from stadium" (SI.com) - "The University of Minnesota is seeking to bar use of the "Redskins" name from TCF Bank Stadium when the Minnesota Vikings host Washington at the venue on Nov. 2..."
- "Aldon Smith, Roger Goodell meet" (ESPN) - "San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Aldon Smith has met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss possible league discipline."
- "Vick leads Jets to TD drive in 13-10 win vs. Colts" (AP) - "Michael Vick got some hearty cheers as he took the field in his New York Jets debut, and then showed the fans he still can make a few plays."