- "Don't be surprised if Grossman returns" (ESPN) - "Rex Grossman might not have taken his last (practice) snap for the Cleveland Browns. Asked after practice on Sunday why the Browns decided to cut the 34-year-old Grossman, coach Mike Pettine took his answer in a different direction about the volatility of rosters in the days after teams must cut down to 53 players."
- "Mike Pettine: Roster Is Still 'Very Fluid'" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Head Coach Mike Pettine speaks to the media following practice on 8/31." - VIDEO
- "ReFo: Bears @ Browns, Preseason Week 4" (PFF) - "With the final game of the preseason more about determining final rosters than getting starters prepared for Week 1, the Bears decided to rest all of their starters on both sides of the ball."
- "Browns 'Deep Tracks' Trivia Vol. 1: Reliving Yesteryear" (WFNY) - "All Browns fans ‘know’ stuff about the team. While it seems true that the fan base is dwindling due to the wanton mismanagement of the franchise, it has been common for generations that we have become infused with Cleveland Browns information, almost by osmosis, throughout our lives."
- "Chiefs, QB Alex Smith agree to four-year deal with $45 million guaranteed" (SI.com) - "The Chiefs and quarterback Alex Smith agreed to a four-year deal on Sunday, according to Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star."
- "49ers DL Ray McDonald charged with felony domestic violence" (CBS) - "San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald has been arrested and charged with felony domestic violence, according to NBC Bay Area."
- "Pats get only a conditional 2016 seventh-round pick for Mallett" (PFT) - "There apparently wasn’t much of a trade market for quarterback Ryan Mallett."
- "We won't miss the NFL preseason, but here is what we learned" (FOX Sports) - "The NFL regular season is almost upon us. Mercifully. It’s finally time to close the book on the preseason and the traditionally lousy football games that were even worse than the usual."