- "Decision on Josh Gordon lawsuit coming soon" (PFT) - "Five days ago, the NFL suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon for the entire 2014 season. Within the next day or two, a decision will be made regarding whether Gordon will challenge the suspension via the court system."
- "Browns roster still taking shape, more changes likely coming" (C-T) - "Browns general manager Ray Farmer continued to work through the holiday weekend, making eight transactions Sunday that altered the bottom of the 53-man roster."
- "Joe Thomas and the drawbacks of forever starting over on offense" (Plain Dealer) - "Joe Thomas, one of the NFL's most accomplished left tackles, yearns to participate in some 'graduate-level thinking' as it applies to offense."
- "Ray Agnew beats odds as undrafted fullback" (Morning Journal) - "Sometimes cut day ends happily for players in the NFL, and sometimes the telephone rings like a death knell. Players such as Joe Thomas and Joe Haden have nothing to worry about."
- "Derek Carr starting over Matt Schaub for Raiders" (NFL.com) - "Oakland Raiders coach Dennis Allen insisted last week that he had no concerns about Matt Schaub's elbow soreness preventing the veteran from starting in Week 1."
- "Wes Welker returns to practice, still not cleared to play" (CBS) - "Nine days ago, Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker suffered his third concussion in 10 months."
- "Rob Gronkowski: 'I'm ready to go'" (ESPN) - "New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski said he didn't want to be answering questions all week about his status for Sunday's season opener at Miami."
- "Monday Morning MD" (National Football Post) - "Roster moves dominated this past weekend’s NFL headlines. As the preseason ends, teams scramble to reach the magic number of 53."