The Cleveland Browns released their first depth chart of the regular season on Tuesday. I have outlined the information by position in the tables below. Here are the things of note from the depth chart:
- The Browns had RB Dion Lewis listed as the No. 3 running back, and RB Isaiah Crowell was not on the roster. Obviously that is a typo, so I have corrected it. However, it does further show that Lewis was in line to be the No. 3 running back before a last second change.
- WR Andrew Hawkins replaced WR Josh Gordon as a starting receiver.
- TE Gary Barnidge is the No. 2 tight end, ahead of TE Jim Dray.
- In the preseason, DE Billy Winn was listed ahead of DE Armonty Bryant. Now, Bryant is listed as the starter. That might change in the coming weeks once the other Bryant, Desmond Bryant, returns to action.
- It's interesting that the Browns have stuck with Ahtyba Rubin being labeled as the NT on their depth charts, and Phil Taylor being labeled as a DE.
- Although the two will split time, ILB Craig Robertson is listed as a starter over ILB Chris Kirksey.
- Similarly, CB Buster Skrine is listed as a starter over CB Justin Gilbert. I'd expect Skrine to start in two cornerback sets, and shift over to the slot in nickel situations.
- Travis Benjamin is listed as the top kick and punt returner.
|Cleveland Browns Depth Chart