- "Browns' special teams woes continue as they fail on a pair of crucial field-goal tries" (Plain Dealer) - "The controversial decision to allow Pro Bowler Phil Dawson to leave via free agency developed into a non-story a year ago as the Browns' kicking game proved solid."
- "Browns thought trick play was legal" (ESPN) - "Johnny Manziel almost became the third quarterback to catch a pass in Sunday's NFL games. But the gadget play he ran in the Cleveland Browns' 23-21 loss to the Baltimore Ravens was called back by penalty..."
- "Browns players speak following 23-21 loss" (OBR) - "Joe Haden on if there’s anything he could have done differently: 'It was a good throw and catch, but I put it on myself and I understand I have to make that play.'"
- "Browns uniform makeover is complete, but remains under wraps until April" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The Browns won’t unveil their uniform changes until April of 2015, but they do know what they look like. At least a select few know what they look like."
- "Sources: Peterson 'doesn't get it'" (ESPN) - "Adrian Peterson still has not come to grips with the prospect that his 2014 season has all but officially ended and that his future in the NFL is uncertain, multiple sources have told ESPN."
- "HGH testing could start in early October" (PFT) - "But for a variety of other big stories, the biggest story in the NFL would be the efforts to keep players from getting artificially bigger."
- "Redskins-Eagles brawl: Jason Peters, Chris Baker ejected after Foles hit" (CBS) - "Tied early in the fourth quarter, the Eagles and the Redskins got into a full-scale brawl after Chris Baker destroyed quarterback Nick Foles on a blind-side block."
- "Injury roundup: Danny Woodhead injures ankle, fibula" (NFL.com) - "The San Diego Chargers were already without Ryan Mathews on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. They also had to survive without Danny Woodhead."