- "Mike Pettine: Last place is last place, but there are positives" (C-T) - "Football coaches and players like to say that the game film doesn’t lie. It can deceive. 'I told the team today that there are times when you could make a cut-up of us and just say this team is unbeatable,' coach Mike Pettine said Monday."
- "Jim Leonhard knows what's wrong with this 31st-ranked defense" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns safety Jim Leonhard, who's played for Mike Pettine for six seasons, knows this defense almost as well as the head coach and knows exactly how to fix it."
- "Ex-Pilot Flying J Pres. Hazelwood received target letter" (WBIR) - "Former Pilot Flying J President Mark Hazelwood has received a "target letter" – the official form federal prosecutors send to let someone know that they are the target of an investigation and that prosecutors have substantial evidence linking them to the crime – according to multiple sources."
- "Tricky Dicks" (Waiting For Next Year) - "Roger Goodell is not good at his job. He’s downright lousy at it. In fact, Roger Goodell, current Commissioner of the NFL, makes Homer Simpson look like a model employee, and is quick on his way to becoming one of the most disliked men in America."
- "Kruger: 'It's Tough To Lose Games Like That'" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Linebacker Paul Kruger addressed the media on 9/22." - VIDEO
- "James Harrison on his return to Steelers: 'Done deal'" (CBS) - "Despite retiring late in the preseason, former Steelers linebacker James Harrison tweeted Monday that he had decided to return to Pittsburgh for another season."
- "Goodell meets with former players to discuss conduct policy" (PFT) - "As Commissioner Roger Goodell embarks on an overhaul of the personal-conduct policy, he has done something that some players would say he hasn’t done enough — he has asked former players for input."
- "Rob Bironas accused of second road rage incident before crash" (SI.com) - "A group of students say that former Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas threatened to kill them shortly before his car crash this weekend..."
- "Mo Claiborne storms out of facility" (ESPN) - "Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Dallas Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources said."