- "Haden looks to rebound after slow start" (AP) - "For the first time in his career, Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden is facing questions about his play on the field. 'I'm one of my biggest critics and I know that I haven't been playing up to my ability,' Haden said."
- "Mike Pettine: Gordon return 'big plus'" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine called it 'a big plus' to have wide receiver Josh Gordon back for the final six games of the team's season. Gordon's season-long suspension was reduced to 10 games last Friday..."
- "Ben Tate’s Availability vs. Titans TBD, Will Remain Starting RB Upon Return" (92.3 The Fan) - "Head coach Mike Pettine and the Browns still aren’t sure if running back Ben Tate will be healthy in time for their Oct. 5 trip to Tennessee."
- "Mayock's Slant: Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins" (NFL.com) - "Mike Mayock breaks down how the Cleveland Browns have utilized wide receiver Andrew Hawkins in the passing game." - VIDEO
- "Ties between NFL, Mueller's firm raise serious questions about investigation" (SI.com) - "On Sept. 9, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hired former FBI Director Robert Mueller to run an independent investigation into the league’s handling of the Ray Rice affair."
- "Bill Simmons provokes ESPN to suspend him, they oblige" (PFT) - "ESPN pontificator Bill Simmons called NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a liar, and dared his bosses to call him on it. So they did. ESPN put out a statement saying Simmons was suspended three weeks for his profane tirade against Goodell."
- "More safety doesn't mean less pain" (ESPN) - "By the end of next week, the NFL will get a good idea whether injuries are once again up compared to past years. History shows that Weeks 4 and 5 are huge for teams in determining whether to put players on the injured reserve list or to hold a roster space for them on the inactive list."
- "Jay to the Redskins" (CBS) - "Jay Cutler wanted to be a Washington Redskin. It was 2009 and Cutler, irked by overtures from new head coach Josh McDaniels toward Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, demanded a trade from the Broncos in 2009."