- "A new drug testing agreement could benefit Welker, Gordon" (PFT) - "Broncos receiver Wes Welker is suspended for the first four games of the season, and Browns receiver Josh Gordon is suspended for the entire season. Both players have already appealed, and lost."
- "Browns' mix and match coverage scheme takes Joe Haden off No. 1 receiver at times" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Change in strategy: Under the previous two defensive regimes, cornerback Joe Haden would shadow the opponent’s best receiver all game long. Not this year."
- "Kyle Shanahan says Johnny Manziel is 'worth a first-round pick, I'm excited to see him play'" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan wouldn't say if Johnny Manziel will make his NFL debut against the Steelers, but defended him against critics such as former Steelers running back Merril Hoge..."
- "Hoyer Prepared" (OBR) - "The time has come for Brian Hoyer. Hoyer enters the 2014 season as the Browns starting quarterback. This is the first time in his NFL career that Hoyer starts a season as a starting NFL quarterback."
- "Johnny Manziel files trademark for 'Johnny Cleveland'" (CBS) - "Johnny Manziel might not lead the NFL in touchdown passes this year, but he's definitely going to lead the league in trademarks."
- "Eddie Lacy sustains concussion" (ESPN) - "Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy sustained a concussion during Thursday night's 36-16 season-opening loss to the Seattle Seahawks, coach Mike McCarthy confirmed after the game."
- "Quarterbacks Illustrated: Mapping the Passing Interests of NFL QBs" (Grantland) - "Last season, NFL quarterbacks attempted 18,104 passes."
- "NFL Week 1 viewer's guide" (NFL.com) - "The season opener between the Seahawks and Packers is over, but we still have a full slate Sunday and a juicy Monday night doubleheader to look forward to."