Game Time/Date: Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 1:00 PM ET
Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
TV Channel: CBS - Ian Eagle (play-by-play) and Dan Fouts (analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Weather: 75 degrees (feels like 75), 0% chance of rain, 5 MPH NE wind
Odds: Steelers by 7 points.
Per 506sports.com, the areas in red on the map below will get to see the Browns vs. Steelers game live on CBS at 1:00 PM EST:
- One exciting bit of news is that legendary Browns QB Bernie Kosar is expected to make his debut on the Serpentini Tailgate pre-game show on Channel 19 (WOIO) today at 11:00 AM. The news was announced near the end of August, so this basically confirms that Kosar did not accept WKYC's half-hearted effort to make him a sideshow.
- QB Brian Hoyer dressed for two games with the Steelers in 2012 but did not play. He could become the first Browns starting QB to win four starts in a row since Vinny Testaverde won five in a row in 1994.
- A victory would give Cleveland its first season-opening win since 2004, when the club topped Baltimore, 20-3, on Sept. 12. A victory would make Mike Pettine the first head coach to win his Browns head-coaching debut since Bud Carson in 1989.
- LT Joe Thomas has started all 112 career games and has not missed an offensive snap since joining the Browns as the third overall selection of the 2007 draft. His consecutive snaps streak of 6,923 is the longest active stretch in the league.
- The Browns will be playing back-to-back regular season games in Heinz Field -- one to close out the 2013 season, and one to begin the 2014 season.
- The last time these two teams met in the regular season was on December 29, 2013 in Pittsburgh, with the Steelers beating the Browns 20-7. The Steelers dominated the Browns throughout the game and were leading 20-0 until QB Jason Campbell connected with RB Fozzy Whittaker on a 35-yard catch-and-run with just under three minutes to play. How dreadful.