- "Browns' Pettine not happy with 'almost winning'" (AP) - "In case the Browns missed his message Sunday, first-year coach Mike Pettine reminded them that their comeback at Pittsburgh wasn't enough. As he reviewed the 30-27 loss to the Steelers, Pettine told his players they need to do more."
- "Justin Gilbert to see fewer snaps" (WFNY) - "First-round draft pick Justin Gilbert may not be in a position to allow the game-winning drive to unfold come Week 2. In his post-mortem press conference on Monday afternoon, Browns head coach Mike Pettine stated that not only did he give the rookie cornerback too many snaps in Week 1..."
- "Doug Dieken Says Justin Gilbert 'Has to Sit There and Be Humbled'" (92.3) - "Browns radio analyst Doug Dieken joined Bull & Fox about Mike Pettine’s reaction to the loss to the Steelers, the critical mistakes down the stretch that contributed to the loss, the defense’s inability to tackle in the first half and the turnaround in the second half..."
- "ReFo: Browns @ Steelers, Week 1" (PFF) - "Although Pittsburgh continued its dominance over the Browns 30-27, this game was definitely a tale of two halves. The Steelers came out strong early and appeared to have put the game away by halftime with a 27-3 lead, including Ben Roethlisberger setting a new career high with 278 passing yards in the first half."
- "Robert Mathis injury a 'devastating blow' to Colts" (NFL.com) - "The Indianapolis Colts suffered through a mid-season swoon last year when they lost offensive leader Reggie Wayne to an ACL injury."
- "Ravens, NFL easily could have gotten Ray Rice video" (PFT) - "I believe that the NFL didn’t see the Ray Rice video before imposing a two-game suspension on him. But I can’t believe that the league didn’t see it."
- "With guilt captured on camera, there was no road back for Ray Rice" (SI.com) - "As stunning as it might have sounded even yesterday, there was no way back for Ray Rice in Baltimore once the video showing him punching his future wife in that hotel elevator was released early Monday morning."
- "John Harbaugh: Seeing the Ray Rice video 'changed things'" (CBS) - "On Monday night, Ravens coach John Harbaugh met with the media. Though it was a "standard" media appearance, it obviously wasn't..."