- "Cleveland Browns have leader in Mike Pettine" (Morning Journal) - "The Browns are in a messy situation right now, like a group of hikers who have strayed off the mountain path in a blinding blizzard. Instead of having no map and no compass, they have no offensive coordinator and, in reality, no quarterback."
- "Browns taking a look at Duron Carter, son of Cris Carter" (ESPN) - "The Cleveland Browns are conducting an interesting search to improve their wide receiver group. And the guy they are looking at has a recognizable name."
- "Early NFL mock drafts: Who do experts have the Browns taking?" (Browns.com) - "Love him or loathe him, Mel Kiper Jr.’s opinion on the NFL Draft always makes waves. On Thursday, the longtime ESPN analyst released his first mock draft of the season."
- "Watt, Brown, Haden, Murray to serve as Pro Bowl captains" (AP) - "Houston defensive end J.J. Watt, Pittsburgh wide receiver Antonio Brown, Cleveland cornerback Joe Haden and Dallas running back DeMarco Murray will serve as Pro Bowl captains."
- "Broncos announce Gase is interviewing for head-coaching job" (PFT) - "Technically under contract but free to take a lateral position elsewhere, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase may still be getting a promotion in Denver."
- "Cardale Jones staying at Ohio St." (ESPN) - "As Drake's 'Started from the Bottom' blared from speakers, local public figures in suits glad-handed and Cardale Jones emerged 15 minutes late in a gray '12 Gauge Buckshot' T-shirt..."
- "Trent Richardson insists benching won't happen again" (NFL.com) - "When beleaguered Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson entered the final month of the regular season, he challenged his numerous critics to 'watch these next four weeks.'"
- "Peyton Manning Isn’t Finished" (538) - "Peyton Manning had another bad postseason, losing 24-13 to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday and going “one and done” for a record ninth time among quarterbacks."