Cleveland Browns (and Buckeyes):
- "Ohio State Holds Off Alabama To Win Sugar Bowl" (ESPN Cleveland) - "This city traffics in voodoo and black magic, so some bad mojo must have been working overtime as Ohio State and Alabama traded haymakers in the College Football Playoff at the Sugar Bowl."
- "Browns must evaluate a sorry season from Johnny Manziel" (Cleveland.com) - "You Said It is based on the premise that the only thing Cleveland sports fans need more than a championship is a sense of humor."
- "The season finale illustrates the defense’s weaknesses: Cleveland Browns Film Room" (WFNY) - "The Browns’ defensive line has struggled all season due to injuries and just lack of talent. According to ProFootballFocus, John Hughes is the only defensive lineman for the Browns that has graded out this season with a positive grade."
- "Bill Polian turns down role with Buffalo Bills" (NFL.com) - "Polian, the former Colts general manager, informed Bills owner Terry Pegula that he will remain at ESPN for 2015 and beyond, per NFL Media columnist Michael Silver. ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported the news."
- "Le'Veon Bell not ready to test knee on Thursday" (NFL.com) - "Bell revealed to NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala that he didn't attempt to run on Thursday because he didn't feel comfortable testing the knee."
- "Drew Stanton out for Cardinals; Ryan Lindley to start" (NFL.com) - "Arizona coach Bruce Arians announced Thursday that veteran Drew Stanton will be out, leaving Ryan Lindley as the team's signal-caller on Saturday."