- "John DeFilippo says quarterbacks will have clean slate" (Morning Journal) - "What inflatable swan? What 42.0 passer rating? John DeFilippo was introduced as the Browns new offensive coordinator at a news conference on Jan. 22 and without mentioning him by name, said Johnny Manziel’s mistakes of the past have been forgiven."
- "NFL investigators have visited Browns over in-game texting" (PFT) - "The investigation involving the Patriots and deflated footballs isn’t the only game-integrity probe currently happening in the NFL. The league also is exploring whether texts were received or sent by members of the Browns’ coaching staff during games."
- "Haslam says Browns must find answer at quarterback" (AP) - "Owner Jimmy Haslam says the Browns are committed to finding a quarterback 'who can make us a championship team' and that all options are open for next season's starter."
- "Hoyer Rumors: Latest Buzz and Speculation Surrounding Free Agent QB" (B/R) - "There was a time during the 2014 season when Brian Hoyer seemed like a safe bet to get a multi-year contract from some team as a free agent."
- "Browns 2015 Pro Bowl Draft Recap" (Browns.com) - "When it seemed like all Browns Pro Bowlers would play on Team Irvin, Team Carter selected Safety Donte Whitner to make it interesting." - VIDEO
- "Eric Mangini hired as 49ers' DC" (ESPN) - "Eric Mangini, who spent last season as San Francisco's tight ends coach, has been hired by the 49ers as their defensive coordinator, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Thursday."
- "Injury roundup: Earl Thomas (shoulder) misses practice" (NFL.com) - "On a day filled with pressing off-the-field questions for the Patriots, New England received some good news on the field."
- "Tom Benson's wife will succeed him as owner of Saints, Pelicans" (SI.com) - "Tom Benson's wife, Gayle, will succeed him as owner of the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans once he dies, he announced on Thursday."