The fourth annual NFL Honors show was televised Saturday night, with players and personnel from across the league in attendance. NBC's Seth Myers was the host and was on fire for his opening monologue, roasting players, coaches, and even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. But then, it came time to lay it all on the Browns, particularly QB Johnny Manziel:
Seth Myers: "I should also mention that tonight's show should run two hours...or about twice as long as the Johnny Manziel era."
(Audience gives a combination of laughs and groans as camera pans to Joe Namath laughing)
Seth Myers: "It was a rough start for Johnny Football this year, but it makes more sense when you learn that his middle name is 'College.' Johnny College Football. "
(More laughs. Camera pans to Troy Aikman, putting on a semi-fake grin, DE J.J. Watt maintaining a smile, and NBC news anchor Brian Williams grinning from ear to ear as he is giving a big applause)
Seth Myers: "Manziel was fined $10,000 for an obscene gesture, then went 0-2 in his two starts, and he was spotted hanging out with Justin Bieber. When asked if he thought it affected his performance, Bieber said, 'na, I wasn't that good to begin with."
(General laugh, but enough is enough)
Seth Myers: "Speaking of the Browns, NFL legend Jim Brown is here."
(Audience applauds, as the camera flashes to a grinning Brown)
Seth Myers: "Did you enjoy the end of the Browns season, Jim?"
(Camera pans back to Brown, who has to be thinking, 'this F#%$ is making a joke out of me.')
Seth Myers: "That's nice...it's always good to see you having a lovely time."
(The camera flashes to Brown one more time, with slight laughter from the audience. His scorn turns into a late grin just before the cameras flash back to Myers, who moves on to his next victim)
Sadly, the Browns weren't up for any of the actual awards.
NFL Associated Press Awards
Here are the awards for the NFL, as announced by the Associated Press.
- Offensive Rookie of the Year: The winner is
WR Odell Beckham Jr., who had 42 votes. The other people who got votes were OG (7) and WR (1).
- Defensive Rookie of the Year: The winner is
DT , who had 25 votes. The other people who got votes were ILB (18), OLB (6), and LB (1).
- Coach of the Year: The winner is
head coach Bruce Arians, who had 39.5 votes. The other people who got votes were the ' Bill O'Brien (3), Cowboys' Jason Garrett (3), ' Pete Carroll (2.5), ' Jim Caldwell (1), and ' Bill Belichick (1).
- Defensive Player of the Year: The winner is Texans DE
, who had 50 votes. It's the first time someone has ever won the award unanimously.
- Offensive Player of the Year: The winner is Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray, who had 26 votes. The other people who got votes were Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (15), Steelers WR Antonio Brown (5), Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell (2), Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (1), and Cowboys QB Tony Romo (1).
- Comeback Player of the Year: The winner is Patriots TE
, who had 27 votes. The other people who got votes were WR (7), Cowboys LB (7), CB (3), Ravens RB (2), Texans RB (2), Cardinals LB (1), and QB (1).
- Most Valuable Player: The winner is Packers QB , who had 31 votes. The other people who got votes were Texans DE J.J. Watt (13), Cowboys QB (2), Cowboys RB (2), Patriots QB (1), and Seahawks LB (1). As someone said on Twitter, "Did someone make a mistake?" in reference to the one vote that Wagner received.
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015: Junior Seau, Charles Haley, Tim Brown, Jerome Bettis, Will Shields, Bill Polian, Ron Wolf, Mick Tinglehoff.— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 1, 2015
This is the HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2015. pic.twitter.com/T8ilqpIjV4— Michael Irvin (@michaelirvin88) February 1, 2015