- "John DeFilippo doesn't look like a rookie offensive coordinator" (Plain Dealer) - "John DeFilippo didn't get married until age 36. Most football coaches are wed to their work, but few seem as willing to admit it as the new Browns offensive coordinator."
- "It’s more fun to win, but Browns flaws still exist" (WFNY) - "The fact that they beat the Ravens by three points in overtime doesn’t do anything to indicate otherwise, but it sure feels more fun to talk about this week, doesn’t it?"
- "Johnny Who? Browns’ Josh McCown Silencing Push For Manziel" (AP) - "Those booming shouts for Johnny Manziel have quieted to a murmur. With his third straight strong performance, and a regular-season game like no Browns quarterback has ever had..."
- "Understanding the Travis Benjamin Breakout" (numberFire) - "After playing many years in professional sports, or waiting many years to enter the professional ranks, it is rare to see late-career developments like these vault such players in to stardom."
- "Cowboys will start Matt Cassel at QB after bye week" (ESPN) - "The Dallas Cowboys, who are winless in three games without Tony Romo as their starting quarterback, intend to start Matt Cassel under center when they return from their bye week..."
- "Bills plan to start EJ Manuel with Tyrod Taylor hurt" (NFL.com) - "The Bills will be going into another week of football without one of their offensive stars. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor suffered an MCL injury last week..."
- "NFL admits clock operator, officials screwed up Steelers-Chargers ending" (CBS) - "Just prior to the Steelers' game-winning drive on Monday night, the NFL's clock operator mistakenly let 18 seconds burn off the clock."
- "On Any Given Sunday, NFL Favorites Win And Underdogs Lose" (538) - "The NFL is an organization built on the perception of parity. 'When you come into a season, every fan thinks that their football team has a chance to win the Super Bowl...'"