- "McCown nursing sore shoulder after roughing by Rams" (AP) - "Josh McCown walked into the Browns' locker room bruised but with all his body parts. After the pounding he took Sunday in St. Louis, where he literally ran into a wall and the Rams threw him around like a rag doll..."
- "Pettine Calls For Players To Look Within Themselves" (92.3) - "We’ve yet to reach November and it’s already gut-check time for the Browns. Following a 24-6 shellacking Sunday in St. Louis that dropped the Browns to 2-5..."
- "STL-CLE Grades: Gurley shows value in Rams' win" (PFF) - "McCown was very accurate with his targeted passes; out of his six incompletions, only three of those resulted from poor throws. While McCown only missed on three passes, he did very little with the throws he made..."
- "Browns Quarterback Graveyard sends fans screaming!" (WOIO) - "What could be scarier than the number of quarterbacks the Browns have gone through? If the subject makes you scream, you'll love a one of a kind Halloween display in North Ridgeville."
- "NFL files appeal brief, says Brady 'participated in a scheme to deflate game balls'" (PFT) - "If the #DeflateGate controversy has placed a chip on the shoulder of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, the chip has just gotten a lot bigger."
- "Lions fire offensive coordinator, promote QB coach Jim Bob Cooter" (CBS) - "The Lions have decided to make some changes to their coaching staff after getting off to a 1-6 start. The team announced on Monday that offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi has been fired."
- "Garrett: Greg Hardy won't face discipline for special-teams spectacle" (ESPN) - "Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday that Greg Hardy won't be disciplined after the defensive end was involved in altercations with an assistant coach..."
- "Mallett's lateness prompts Texans to talk 'options'" (NFL.com) - "What to do with Ryan Mallett? That's the question the Texans' brass is asking itself after the quarterback's latest bout of delinquency. Mallett missed the team flight on Saturday..."