- "If his right shoulder’s healthy enough, Browns QB Josh McCown will start" (C-T) - "For coach Mike Pettine, there isn’t a decision to make. He still got the question. 'If our starting quarterback is physically able to play, will we play him?' Pettine asked sarcastically. 'Yes.' He was referring to Josh McCown."
- "Browns' top over-performers and worst under-performers through seven games" (WKNR) - "Their money’s worth: 'Value' is a word used often in the NFL by general managers and salary cap specialists when evaluating players."
- "Farmer: Cleveland Browns can't suspend Johnny Manziel" (DPD) - "The Cleveland Browns would have violated NFL rules if they had suspended quarterback Johnny Manziel over the incident with his girlfriend, according to general manager Ray Farmer."
- "Ray Farmer: 'Shame on us' if Browns don't get things together" (ESPN) - "Ray Farmer used one word Tuesday to describe the mood in the Cleveland Browns facility. Urgency. Farmer understands the feelings about the team’s 2-5 start, but like coach Mike Pettine he’s not writing off the final nine games."
- "Giants re-sign Jason Pierre-Paul to one-year deal" (CBS) - "The Giants have re-signed defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul to a one-year deal, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The team confirmed the signing Tuesday evening."
- "Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger to start vs. Bengals" (SI.com) - "Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to return from injury to start Sunday’s game against the Bengals."
- "Texans release Ryan Mallett, sign T.J. Yates" (NFL.com) - "The Houston Texans are done hearing excuses from Ryan Mallett. He's no longer on the team. Mallett was released by the team Tuesday, wrapping up a tumultuous few days in Houston..."
- "Concussion Tests Won’t Fix The Concussion Problem" (538) - "Concussion tests have become the favored response to these concerns for professional and amateur athletes, promising to bring a sense of reassurance in the face of a scary threat."