- "Josh McCown hopeful he’ll be ready for Cardinals" (Morning Journal) - "The chances Josh McCown will be healthy enough to start against the Arizona Cardinals on Nov. 1 seemed much better on Oct. 28 than they did 72 hours earlier, after he was pummeled by the St. Louis Rams."
- "Bruce Arians wanted the opportunity to turn around the Cleveland Browns" (OBR) - "The Browns spent almost three weeks in the winter of 2014 searching for a head coach, as not many candidates were interested in the opportunity."
- "Manziel met Wednesday night with NFL investigator Lisa Friel" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel met with NFL investigators Wednesday evening at the Browns facility regarding his Oct. 12 domestic incident, league sources told cleveland.com."
- "Football great Jim Brown will get back 1964 title ring" (AP) - "Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown and his championship ring will be reunited nearly half a century after it was stolen from his home."
- "Tom Coughlin says Jason Pierre-Paul 'excited' to be back on practice field" (ESPN) - "Jason Pierre-Paul was back at New York Giants practice Wednesday for the first time since damaging his hand in a July 4 fireworks accident."
- "DeAngelo Williams fined for wearing ‘Find The Cure’ eye black" (SI.com) - "Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams was fined by the NFL for wearing his ‘Find The Cure’ eye black, reports ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler."
- "Chargers’ town-hall comments make even more clear the team’s desire to leave" (PFT) - "As the NFL checks the boxes for relocation by conducting town hall meetings in the cities that would be affected by the looming movement..."
- "Adrian Peterson expounds on dangerous love of shrimp" (NFL.com) - "While the rest of the football world has moved on from DipGate, Around The NFL lingers. You should know the back story by now..."