This week, the Browns travel to the West Coast to take on the Chargers in Week 4. Here are some nuggets about Sunday's contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 4:05 PM ET
Location: Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA
TV Channel: CBS - Andrew Catalon (play-by-play) & Steve Tasker (analyst) & Steve Beuerlein (analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 72 degrees, feels like 72, 40% chance of rain, SW winds at 14 MPH
Odds: Chargers by 7.5 points.
The areas in yellow are scheduled to show the Cleveland Browns take on the San Diego Chargers on CBS this Sunday during the 4:05 PM ET time slot, per 506sports:
Predict the Score:
- RB Shaun Draughn appeared in four games with San Diego in 2014. Quarterbacks coach Kevin O’Connell (2012) spent time on the Chargers roster as quarterback.
- WR Travis Benjamin is tied for the NFL lead with five touchdowns this season (four receiving and one punt return). His four receiving scores are a career-high and tied for second-most in the league. He is the first Brown to record a touchdown reception in three consecutive games since WR Josh Gordon did it in five straight games in 2013.
- P Andy Lee is leading the NFL with a 47.6 net punting average and is second with an average of 54.3 yards per punt.
- TE Gary Barnidge could become the first Browns tight end to record back-to-back 100-yard receiving games since Milt Morin did it in 1968. Barnidge also needs just 83 receiving yards to surpass his career high of 242 set in 2009 as a member of the Panthers.
- QB Josh McCown could join Otto Graham, Brian Sipe and Brian Hoyer as the only Browns QBs to throw for 300 yard in consecutive games.
- The Browns will wear their brown-tops, white-pants uniform combination:
Thursday afternoon = time to unveil Sunday's … Here's what we'll be wearing in San Diego pic.twitter.com/6lIjhTAORb— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) October 1, 2015
- These teams last met on October 28, 2012, with the Browns winning 7-6 in Cleveland. The Browns scored on their opening possession via a 25-yard touchdown run by RB Trent Richardson. That was the play where OG Shawn Lauvao held up Richardson after he stumbled through a hole, and shoved him on his way to the end zone. The Chargers could only manage two field goals as QB Philip Rivers went 18-of-34 for 154 yards. The low-scoring game was a result of steady rain and 45 degree temperatures throughout the game, to go along with winds around 20 MPH.
- The Browns’ last win in San Diego was a 30-24 overtime victory on Oct. 20, 1991.
- We will have our first quarter game day thread ready at 3:30 PM ET on Sunday, along with plenty of in-game and post-game analysis. We will also a game thread for the early games.