- "Browns Feel They’re Close, No Wholesale Changes Forthcoming" (92.3) - "If you’re looking for change, get ready for more of the same. Browns head coach Mike Pettine, although disappointed in the team’s 1-3 start to the season, isn’t planning on making any drastic changes..."
- "Kirksey says fixing the Browns defense is 'not rocket science'" (OBR) - "Mike Pettine built his resume on the defensive side of the football. Yet, the Browns second year coach doesn’t think there’s any reason for him to immerse himself on that side of the ball..."
- "Browns' defense as bad as the penalties committed" (Morning Journal) - "After 16-plus seasons of having bamboo shoots shoved under our fingernails weekly in the fall we should be used to this by now. But that isn’t how it works when the Browns lose as they did in San Diego."
- "CLE-SD Grades: Josh McCown posts best grade since 2013" (PFF) - "Josh McCown led the team with a +3.8 overall grade, his best game since the 2013 season. McCown thrived against the blitz, finishing 11-for-15 for 146 yards and a touchdown, earning a +2.9 grade."
- "Dolphins coach Joe Philbin fired 4 games into his 4th season" (AP) - "New Miami Dolphins coach Dan Campbell believes his underachieving team needs to show more aggressiveness that stops just short of dirty play..."
- "Lance Dunbar out for year with torn ACL, MCL" (NFL.com) - "As one offensive playmaker nears a return to the Dallas Cowboys, another is taken out of the equation. MRIs revealed Monday that running back Lance Dunbar suffered a torn ACL and MCL..."
- "Andrew Luck 'trending in the right direction' of starting Thursday" (ESPN) - "Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is 'trending in the right direction' of his goal to return to the starting lineup for Thursday's game against the Houston Texans."
- "Alex Smith is taking sacks at a near-record pace" (PFT) - "Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith has been sacked 18 times this year, meaning he’s on pace to get his name in the record books, and not in a way he’d want."