- "Cameron Erving will get his first NFL start this week against the Steelers" (OBR) - "There’s been a lot of talk about letting the young players play as the Browns sit at 2-7 with one week before the bye. However, Mike Pettine said it would be a disservice to just let the young players play..."
- "Thomas wants to remain with the Cleveland Browns, but could you really blame him if he didn't?" (Plain Dealer) - "Among the best offensive lineman of his generation, Joe Thomas found himself on the defensive Tuesday afternoon in the Browns' locker room."
- "Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has dilemma on his hands" (Morning Journal) - "It is so easy to sit in front of a keyboard or behind a microphone and say Jimmy Haslam should fire Ray Farmer and Mike Pettine when this dismal season ends or even at the bye next week."
- "Time to give Johnny Manziel the keys to the offense" (PFF) - "On Thursday night, the Browns lost to the Bengals in convincing fashion, giving Cleveland their fourth straight loss and a 2-7 record. It was just the third time that Johnny Manziel both started and finished a game..."
- "Luck out 2–6 weeks with lacerated kidney, abdominal tear" (SI.com) - "Colts quarterback Andrew Luck will miss two to six weeks with a lacerated kidney and partial tear to an abdominal muscle..."
- "NFL suspends Joseph Randle for violating conduct policy" (ESPN) - "Joseph Randle has been suspended four games by the NFL under the league's personal conduct policy, one week after he was released..."
- "Talib's one-game suspension upheld; CB won't play vs. Chiefs" (CBS) - "One of the league's best cornerbacks was suspended one game for poking Colts tight end Dwayne Allen in the eye during Sunday's loss."
- "New York A.G. tells DraftKings and FanDuel to stop doing business there" (PFT) - "The embattled daily fantasy industry has absorbed what could be its most crippling blow yet."