- "Secondary coach Jeff Hafley says CB Justin Gilbert must earn playing time with consistent work" (C-T) - "The Browns’ second pick in the 2014 draft, quarterback Johnny Manziel, has been named the starter for the rest of the season. No such decision was made with their first pick, cornerback Justin Gilbert."
- "Bye Week Brings Tough Questions, Few Answers And Little Hope For Rest Of The Season" (92.3) - "The Browns are 2-8 at the bye week leaving fans feeling hopeless once again that there is no end in sight to 17 years of miserable football."
- "Cleveland Browns should simplify their defense during the bye" (WFNY) - "Mike Pettine’s football coaching career will forever be tied to Rex Ryan. That’s just kind of how it goes when you have shared history dating back to 2002 in Baltimore."
- "Failing Browns Regime’s Fate Muddied With Uncertainty" (Browns Beat) - "Nothing is permanent in the NFL. Opportunities come and go; fleeting moments that define the saying 'make or break' from their outset."
- "Injuries: Hopkins (knee) misses practice, should play" (NFL.com) - "DeAndre Hopkins missed his second consecutive day of practice. The Houston Texans receiver worked out on the side Thursday due to a knee injury, the Houston Chronicle reported."
- "Seahawks coaches blame Russell Wilson for missed throws, sacks" (CBS) - "Russell Wilson has lived a mostly criticism-free existence in Seattle, particularly when it comes to his coaches calling him out publicly."
- "Authorities: Ray-Ray Armstrong’s actions with police dog not malicious" (PFT) - "Just before the Raiders and Steelers faced off at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh earlier this month, Raiders linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong encountered a police dog."
- "Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury" (AP) - "Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football."