- "There may be more than meets the eye, when it comes to Manziel's demotion" (OBR) - "On the surface, it seems rather simple. Johnny Manziel told Mike Pettine and others in the Browns front office that he would behave over the bye week..."
- "Browns didn't discuss cutting Johnny Manziel before benching" (AP) - "The Browns believe sacking Johnny Manziel themselves will do him good. One day after taking Manziel's starting job from him for breaking his promise to stay out of the spotlight and behave during the bye week..."
- "Browns should have stood together when announcing decision" (Plain Dealer) - "Listening to Mike Pettine talk about Johnny Manziel, something crossed my mind. I wanted owner Jimmy Haslam and General Manager Ray Farmer next to their coach."
- "Josh McCown feeling better, says he’s ready to return to lineup" (C-T) - "Quarterback Josh McCown said the time off, including the bye week, has done wonders for his injured ribs. That’s good, because he’ll be back in the starting lineup Monday night..."
- "Rams WR Stedman Bailey out of surgery after being shot in head" (ESPN) - "St. Louis Rams third-year wide receiver Stedman Bailey is out of surgery and resting in the intensive care unit after being shot in a car in Florida on Tuesday night..."
- "Marshawn Lynch’s surgery successful, expected return by end of year" (PFT) - "Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch hopes to be back on the field by the end of the year after surgery today."
- "DeMarcus Ware backs Peyton Manning: If he's healthy, he's our QB" (CBS) - "The Denver Broncos don't exactly have a quarterback controversy right now, but they could have one soon if Brock Osweiler continues to play well."
- "Pathologists diagnose CTE in brain of former NFL star Frank Gifford" (SI.com) - "Pro football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford, who died in August, suffered from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), a concussion-related brain disease..."