- "Mike Pettine mum on Josh McCown X-rays" (Morning Journal) - "This week is a lot like last week for the Browns, except it is three days shorter. The Browns are coming off a lopsided loss for the second game in a row, and their quarterback is a map of bumps and bruises again."
- "Browns' injury-depleted secondary must adjust again against Cincinnati" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns head to Cincinnati facing the prospects of using another makeshift secondary against the NFL's third-highest scoring team."
- "Browns questionable personnel decisions peak in loss" (DPD) - "In a brutal, physical beating by the Arizona Cardinals, a number of curious personnel decisions punctuated the result. Questions have arisen over decisions regarding player selection as the season has progressed..."
- "Why Browns would be crazy to trade Joe Thomas" (PFF) - "The Cleveland Browns are 2-6. With the Cincinnati Bengals undefeated at 7-0 the division is very close to already wrapped up, and nobody in Cleveland is kidding themselves into thinking their Wild Card playoff hopes are realistic."
- "ARI-CLE Grades: Palmer throws 4 TDs to lead comeback against Browns" (PFF) - "One has to wonder if QB Josh McCown (-2.7) should have been pulled from this game sooner, not only to protect their injured starter, but to give them the best chance of winning the game."
- "Vernon Davis leaving San Francisco via trade after 10 seasons" (ESPN) - "Less than 24 hours after the Denver Broncos had their biggest offensive output of the season, the team dove into the trade market to acquire tight end Vernon Davis from the San Francisco 49ers."
- "Ryan Fitzpatrick will need thumb surgery 'at some point'" (PFT) - "An MRI on Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick’s left thumb confirmed the initial diagnosis that he suffered ligament damage when he went down at the end of a run during Sunday’s loss to the Raiders."
- "Steve Smith intends to return in 2016, schedules Achilles surgery" (CBS) - "Ravens star receiver Steve Smith has scheduled a quick surgery on Nov. 9 with intentions of playing football next season, sources said. Smith's season ended Sunday when he tore his Achilles tendon..."
- "Keenan Allen out 'some time' with kidney injury" (NFL.com) - "The AFC leader in receptions is going to be on the sidelines for 'some time.' San Diego Chargers receiver Keenan Allen suffered a kidney injury Sunday during the team's latest heartbreaking loss."