- "Manziel is excited for a second chance to start against the Bengals" (OBR) - "Johnny Manziel will get to show America what he’s got—good or bad. Manziel was named the starting quarterback for Thursday’s nationally televised game with the Cincinnati Bengals."
- "Ibraheim Campbell relishes first start Thursday for Cleveland" (Plain Dealer) - "Tashaun Gipson knows what it means to capitalize on an opportunity late in a rookie season. The undrafted free agent earned a shot at meaningful snaps in 2012 due to injury and parlayed it into a Pro Bowl appearance a year ago."
- "Cleveland teams mostly clear from 'paid patriotism' issue" (WFNY) - "U.S. Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake are “Tackling Paid Patriotism” in their recently released report on military spending for military propaganda at sporting events. It’s something that I don’t think most people knew..."
- "Lost Dawgs" (CBS) - "After the Browns left Cleveland, a man paid $2,700 for Art Modell's toilet. The commode was on sale because of what happened on November 6, 1995. On a crisp, sunny, 55-degree morning in Baltimore, Modell stood behind a podium in a parking lot next to Camden Yards..."
- "Goodell: NFL will refund money received for ‘paid patriotism’" (SI.com) - "Roger Goodell said Wednesday that the NFL will refund the money it has received to conduct acts of 'paid patriotism,' reports Eben Novy-Williams of Bloomberg News."
- "Joseph Randle clears waivers" (PFT) - "No one wants Joseph Randle. Randle, the talented but troubled running back who was waived by the Cowboys, passed through waivers unclaimed. That means 31 other teams had the chance to add him, and all 31 passed."
- "Fitzpatrick to start at QB for Jets vs. Jaguars despite thumb" (ESPN) - "The New York Jets' quarterback situation, muddled on Monday, has returned to normal. Despite at least one torn ligament in his left (non-throwing) thumb..."
- "Andrew Luck: 'I do feel healthy, with no limitations'" (NFL.com) - "Prior to Monday night's loss at Carolina, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is back to full health after battling shoulder and rib injuries earlier in the season."