- "Bengals toy with Browns, then hand them fourth loss in row, 31-10" (WKNR) - "Johnny Manziel’s start in prime time wasn’t a disaster, but the outcome was the same for the Browns. They lost their fourth in a row and 12th time in 14 games when the Cincinnati Bengals pulled away..."
- "Don't blame o-line for Browns' offensive struggles" (PFF) - "The Cleveland Browns are averaging 3.4 yards per carry on the ground, and have surrendered 27 sacks across both starting quarterbacks—but PFF just ranked their offensive line as the second-best unit in the league..."
- "Mort & Schefter: Browns still face uncertainty up front" (ESPN) - "Cleveland nearly bid goodbye to Joe Thomas this week, passing on a trade that would have sent its left tackle and a mid-round pick to Denver in exchange for a first- and a second-round pick."
- "Fire Mike Pettine! OK, then what?" (DPD) - "The Cleveland Browns head to Cincinnati for a primetime game on Thursday night with the undefeated Bengals. The Browns will enter the game losers of three consecutive games, five of their last six and 11 of their last 13."
- "Lions fire GM Martin Mayhew, president Tom Lewand" (ESPN) - "Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford, citing her family's disappointment in the franchise's 1-7 start this season, fired team president Tom Lewand and general manager Martin Mayhew on Thursday."
- "Steelers claim receiver Jacoby Jones off waivers from Chargers" (SI.com) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers have claimed receiver Jacoby Jones off of waivers from the San Diego Chargers."
- "These Bengals May Be The Best In Franchise History" (538) - "According to our NFL Elo ratings — FiveThirtyEight’s pet metric for determining an NFL team’s strength at any given moment — the best Cincinnati Bengals team ever was the 1981 edition, led by quarterback and league MVP Ken Anderson."
- "Injuries: Hilton (foot) misses second-straight practice" (NFL.com) - "The Indianapolis Colts could use all they can get on offense as they meet the unbeaten Denver Broncos and their stout defense. Unfortunately, it looks like they could be a man down."