The Berea daytime soap opera added a new episode on Monday.
Johnny Manziel will return as starting QB for the Cleveland Browns after two-game benching for off-field missteps, sources told @mortreport.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 7, 2015
The decision follows an embarrassing 37-3 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday in front of a largely negative crowd at First Energy Stadium.
The 2-10 Browns benched Manziel two weeks ago after a video emerged of the Texas A&M product partying in his home state. The Browns had named Manziel the starter for the remainder of the season before the incident.
In Manziel's absence, the Browns lost to the Ravens and Bengals.
According to Mortenson, the Browns want to take a deeper look at Manziel:
The franchise wants further evaluation of Manziel's ability on the field and how he handles any success and failure off the field. Even then, a source said, the Browns are uncertain if Manziel can re-establish the hope the franchise had when they made him a first round pick in 2014.
Manziel has completed 76-of-128 passes for 933 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions in six games this season.
The news will likely be well-received among Browns fans, as Manziel showed promise earlier this season.
What do you think of the news? Let your opinion be heard in the comments section.
UPDATE: Head coach Mike Pettine said during his press conference that he has not officially named a starting quarterback.
"At this point, I'm not prepared to name a starting QB for Sunday yet" - Browns coach Mike Pettine pic.twitter.com/aUI3iOBEdi— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) December 7, 2015