The Cleveland Browns unveiled their new logos on Tuesday:
Logo #1 - Primary Logo
The primary change is that the face mask has been updated from grey to brown. The shade of orange has been altered too. Per the Browns:
Our updated helmet logo is reflective of today's modern Cleveland - the design honors the past while evolving into the future. The iconic brown and white stripes stand tall over the orange helmet - a new orange color that matches the passion of the Dawg Pound. The new brown facemask represents the strength and toughness of Cleveland.
Logo #2 - Dawg Pound Logo
The logo is expected to represent the Dawg Pound. Per the Browns:
2015 marks the 30th anniversary of the Dawg Pound - bestowing a unique opportunity to modernize the symbolism of the Dawg Pound through an evolved logo. The Dawg Pound represents one of the most iconic fan bases in all of sports. The Dawg Pound is a unifying identity of all Cleveland Browns faithful. It's tough and exemplifies the "Play Like A Brown" attitude. With one passionate voice - the DAWG POUND BARKS TOGETHER.
Logo #3 - Alternate Logo
We're not sure if the above logo will be used or not, as it was not part of the team's official unveil.
Different Shade of Orange & Comparing 2014 vs. 2015
See above for the change in orange for the 2015 season, and below for how the logos have changed.
More Information from the Team President
Team president Alec Scheiner talked about a few more details:
- Brownie the Elf will remain a secondary logo, but will be updated to reflect the new shade of orange.
- The logo changes were pretty simplistic, but the uniform changes will be much more drastic.
- The new uniforms will be announced on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at a special event at 7:30 PM ET at the Cleveland Convention Center.
- "When we first joined the Browns, we talked to our fans about a whole lot of things, including the prospect of evolved logos or new uniforms," Browns president Alec Scheiner said. "What we heard from our fans was they wanted to help us push our look and feel forward while respecting the tradition. As we went through that process, we thought there could be a way to do both, so we're really excited about this first step."
- The official announcement from the team can be found here.
Scheiner will be conducting a few interviews related to the logos today:
- Paul Lukas of Uni Watch will have an interview with Scheiner up soon.
- He will appear on Bull & Fox on 92.3 the Fan around 3:00 PM ET
What Do You Think, Browns Fans?
Ever since the Browns announced that they would be unveiling new logos, fans have been fantasizing about how drastic the changes might be. On the eve of the logo reveal, though, a source told DBN's Mike Krupka that the changes had been way over-hyped, and the logos released today seem to reflect that.
The logos fall back on tradition, but provide a fresh enhancement that will likely alignment with the new uniform designs, which will be unveiled Tuesday, April 14, 2015, prior to the 2015 NFL Draft.