- "NFL suspends Browns WR Josh Gordon for year" (AP) - "Josh Gordon has been pushed out of bounds again by the NFL. And this time, there's no guarantee he'll be back. The troubled wide receiver was suspended by the league for at least one year without pay on Tuesday for violating the league's substance-abuse program."
- "How do the Browns replace suspended Josh Gordon?" (CBS) - "The NFL announced Tuesday that Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has been suspended without pay for at least one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy."
- "Rutigliano: Josh Gordon should follow Johnny Manziel's lead and seek treatment" (WKNR) - "The forerunner: Before there was an NFL substance abuse program; or a Stage 1, 2 and 3; or a league Medical Director; or indefinite suspensions and player appeals and lawyers; there was the Inner Circle."
- "An open letter to Johnny Manziel" (WFNY) - "I wanted to write you as Browns fan but more as someone with complete empathy for you and your situation. I have empathy because we actually have a lot in common and because of that, I wanted to reach out to you and discuss your mature decision to seek much needed treatment."
- "What if the Browns hadn't moved to Baltimore and Bill Belichick had remained coach?" (Morning Journal) - "Well isn’t this special? Bill Belichick wins another Super Bowl. Here’s looking at you, Cleveland! Just when you think it can’t get any worse for Browns fans, it gets worse. Belichick has become to Cleveland what Newman was to Seinfeld."
- "Report: Dick LeBeau to join Tennessee Titans staff" (NFL.com) - "After 13 seasons as Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator, legendary coach Dick LeBeau has found a new home in Nashville."
- "Sherman might avoid TJ surgery" (ESPN) - "Coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday in a radio interview that Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman might not require Tommy John surgery after all."
- "Disorderly conduct charge against Ravens CB Jimmy Smith dropped" (SI.com) - "A misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge against Baltimore Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith was dropped, his lawyer told The Baltimore Sun."