The order of the Cleveland Browns' 2015 preseason schedule was released on Thursday, and for the second year in a row, Cleveland has a game that will be nationally televised. Here is a rundown of the schedule:
Preseason Schedule for the Browns
- Preseason Game 1: Washington at Cleveland (August 13-17)
- Preseason Game 2: Buffalo at Cleveland (August 20, 8:00 PM, TNF on ESPN)
- Preseason Game 3: Cleveland at Tampa Bay (August 27-30)
- Preseason Game 4: Cleveland at Chicago (September 3-4)
With WEWS getting the Browns' non-ESPN preseason broadcasting rights this year, it's not yet known who will call the action for Cleveland's preseason games.
Last year, the Browns began the preseason with two road games before coming home. This year, it's flipped. The second preseason game is against the Bills on ESPN. It's previously been reported that the Browns will scrimmage with the Bills (on the road) for two days in the week leading up to that game. Hopefully the Browns' first preseason game ends up being August 13; then, maybe Cleveland could be in Buffalo for the scrimmage somewhere around August 16-17.
Another thing that jumps out at me is how late the regular season will start this year. Last year, the Browns' Week 1 game against Pittsburgh was on September 7. This year, the final preseason game will be on either September 3 or September 4. That puts the first regular season Sunday on September 13, and the last regular season Sunday on January 3.
The Browns will not be repeating any of their preseason opponents in the regular season. Cleveland's regular season opponents (the order of the schedule has not yet been unveiled) are as follows:
Regular Season Opponents for the Browns
- Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers
- Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, New York Jets, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks