- "Josh McCown brought in to play for Browns, not to mentor" (ESPN) - "NFL teams do not win by signing and paying millions of dollars to players to be mentors. It’s the pros. Players have to assume the mantle of professionalism and act accordingly."
- "Josh McCown: No QB battle removed distractions" (NFL.com) - "Josh McCown is set as the Cleveland Browns starting quarterback. The lack of a battle with Johnny Manziel was assured when coach Mike Pettine signaled that McCown was clearly in the pole position early this month."
- "Alex Mack wields power few NFL players possess" (Plain Dealer) - "Alex Mack, sans pads, blocked at an All-Pro level on the first day of voluntary spring practice Tuesday. Encircled by media members eager to engage the Pro Bowl center on his unique contract status..."
- "5 veteran Browns players with something to prove this summer" (Browns.com) - "While the NFL summer months generally toss the spotlight on the incoming rookie class and second-year players hoping for big sophomore seasons, there are five veteran Browns players hoping to use OTAs..."
- "Tom Brady's appeal for Deflategate suspension set for June 23" (USA TODAY) - "New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game Deflategate suspension will begin June 23, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports."
- "Jets up Brandon Marshall's salary with reworked deal" (NFL.com) - "Brandon Marshall has yet to catch a pass with the New York Jets, but Gang Green is already handing him more money. NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Saturday that the team has reworked the veteran receiver's contract..."
- "Will Adrian Peterson show up for OTAs?" (PFT) - "Now that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has made it clear that he doesn’t have a problem with the team, the question becomes whether he’ll still have a problem joining the team for offseason workouts."
- "Michael Bennett skips OTAs, wants new deal 'in realm' of similar players" (CBS) - "Michael Bennett hasn't been shy about his contract requests -- he wants to be paid like a top-7 defensive lineman. Seahawks general manager John Schneider has often said that he won't renegotiate a contract..."