- "Johnny Manziel moves in with former high school coach" (CBS) - "Since his disappointing rookie season that saw him flounder under center, Johnny Manziel has faced a difficult slog back to the top of the Browns' depth chart. While his quarterbacking abilities remain a work in progress..."
- "How Cleveland Browns OL Joel Bitonio could contribute to team history" (Plain Dealer) - "Joel Bitonio wasn't alive the last time the Browns sent three offensive linemen to the same Pro Bowl. In fact, nobody on the roster -- with the exception of quarterback Josh McCown..."
- "Browns' efforts to improve roster validated by Pro Football Focus ranking" (ESPN) - "The Cleveland Browns have improved their roster significantly from one year ago. That's the verdict from ProFootballFocus.com, which for the second year has used its metrics and analytics..."
- "49ers kicker Phil Dawson still going strong at 40" (AP) - "The gray in his goatee is getting much more noticeable. Yet 49ers kicker Phil Dawson isn't yet thinking about retirement, even at a time when many of his San Francisco teammates have done just that."
- "Adrian Peterson not expected to get preseason carries" (NFL.com) - "Preseason ticket holders in Minnesota shouldn't expect to see the return of Adrian Peterson this August. It sounds like the league's best running back won't make his return to game action until the regular season."
- "Brace or no brace, Sam Bradford gets comfortable with Eagles" (USA TODAY) - "Unearthing meaningful nuggets of information at an NFL practice three months before the season begins often presents a challenge. It's certainly true for the Philadelphia Eagles..."
- "Knowshon Moreno’s knee may keep him off the field this year" (PFT) - "Knowshon Moreno was off to a promising start last season with the Dolphins, carrying 24 times for 134 yards in a Week One win over the Patriots. And then he did nothing the rest of the season."
- "What The NFL Will Look Like in 2018" (Sports on Earth) - "If you look back just three years prior to the 2014 NFL season, you'll get a good idea of how quickly things can change. In 2011, Tim Tebow led the Denver Broncos to the playoffs...."