- "Cam Erving yet to settle into one position" (ESPN) - "Where do the Cleveland Browns plan to play the second of their two first-round picks, offensive lineman Cam Erving? 'I can’t really answer,' offensive line coach Andy Moeller said last week."
- "Should the Cleveland Browns take a look at Evan Mathis?" (DPD) - "The Philadelphia Eagles and head coach Chip Kelly made more news on Thursday as the team released two-time Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis. The 11-year veteran only played in nine games last season as he suffered an MCL sprain..."
- "Vince Mayle emulated Josh Gordon in college and is Dwayne Bowe's protege" (Plain Dealer) - "It's no surprise to Browns rookie receiver Vince Mayle that he draws comparisons to Browns Pro Bowl wideout Josh Gordon. 'That was the goal,' Mayle said this week after the Browns Youth Football camp..."
- "Jim Leonhard Could Unretire; Browns Return?" (OBR) - "Jim Leonhard was a July addition for the Cleveland Browns last year. A reserve who many thought was just brought in to help the team's new coaching staff on and off the field during Training Camp."
- "American Enterprise Institute finds Wells Report 'deeply flawed'" (CBS) - "According to a study conducted by the American Enterprise Institute, the Wells Report – the independent investigation conducted by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP litigation partner Ted Wells..."
- "Evan Mathis won’t 'necessarily rush' into new deal" (PFT) - "The Eagles released guard Evan Mathis last week after more than a year of the veteran pushing for a new contract with the organization, leaving the Eagles to find a new starting job and Mathis to find a new team."
- "Brandon Spikes faces charges after alleged hit-and-run" (USA TODAY) - "Former New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes faces four charges stemming from an alleged hit-and-run incident that injured three last weekend and precipitated his release from the team."
- "Harrison on part-time job: 'We all have roles to play'" (NFL.com) - "James Harrison finds himself in a much different position than a year ago. Last spring, the former All-Pro linebacker didn't have a job and the phone wasn't ringing."